Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hide and Seek


I’m rifling through the pockets in my mind
       Searching and scouring every nook and cranny trying to remember
            Where did I put it? Where is that old box?
              For inside that anciently aged box holds a book
   The book that captivates my childhood years within it
                                   Throughout my years I have entrusted many memories into that box
Why is it whenever I need it or want it I never can find it?
                               My mind is a mess, cluttered like an abandoned attic
                   The longer and harder I search, the more I am engrossed with defeat
           A light bulb flickers on                                                 Hastily I race to my closet                Tripping and foundering over my other unsuccessful search attempts
Hope and optimism engulfs me
I stumble faster towards the door handle


Turning it quickly I whip open the door
   Piles of boxes tumble out around me as I sort through them
Where is it?
   I rip open box after box praying I finally found the right one
The one holding some of the best years of my life inside its aged pages, forever
       Optimism drains out of me as I sit and ponder





   Where is my yearbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment